With the new year knocking at the door, new goals for learning has to be set.
To help setting targets, we analyzed the market trends and the demands and bring to you
Top 12 technical skills that software engineers should learn in 2020 to give a hike to their careers.
Python is considered to be the most easy-to-learn programming language due to its syntax resembling simple English.
Being very easy and fast, top companies like Instagram (uses Python along with Django), Google, Facebook, Spotify, Amazon, YouTube (uses Python in combination with Apache Spark), Netflix, Quora, Reddit, and SurveyMonkey chose Python as their preferred language.
- Python is ranked the top programming language in 2019 in IEEE Spectrum rankings for programming languages.
- It is the most wanted and second most loved programming language in 2019 rankings of Stack Overflow.
- It secured the top rank in PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index 2019.
- Python is declared as the programming language of the year 2018 and ranked no. 3 by Tiobe Programming Community Index in December 2019.
Java has a huge developer community. Java developers earn big amount and are among the most demanded developers in the world.
With about 7 billion devices running on the Java platform, it has become one of the most sought-after languages.
PwC, Cognizant, Wipro, HCL, Accenture, Infosys, TCS, Square, and Pandora incorporated Java as the basic development platform. E-Commerce giants like Flipkart, eBay and Myntra are based on Java programming language.
- Topped the December 2019 rank list of the Tiobe Programming Community Index.
- Ranked no. 2 in IEEE Spectrum rankings 2019.
- Ranked 2nd in the rankings of PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index 2019.
- 5th most popular language by Stack Overflow in 2019.
Old is gold.
C/C++ programmers will not see a decrease in their market demand in the years to come.
Tech giants like Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Mozilla and SAP have their roots in C/C++.
- C is ranked 2nd and C++ is ranked 4th in Tiobe Programming Community Index 2019.
- These are among the top 5 programming languages in IEEE Spectrum rankings and Top 10 programming language rankings by PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index in 2019.
- C/C++ is included in the top 15 most popular technologies 2019 by Stack Overflow.
C# hast vast applications in various fields, especially in Windows app development. It runs on .NET platform of Microsoft.
Top companies like Intel and BlackBerry have C# as their backbone.
- Most popular and 2nd most wanted language by Stack Overflow in 2019.
- Ranked 3rd by PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index in 2019.
Designed at Google, Golang has vast applications.
There are not many developers for Go, hence learning graph of the language is witnessing continuous growth.
- Ranked 3rd most paying, 3rd most wanted and was among the top 15 most popular language by Stack Overflow in 2019.
- Go is in the top 10 of IEEE Spectrum rankings 2019.
- Golang is in the top 15 of PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index and Tiobe Programming Community Index rankings 2019.
PHP is a very popular scripting language that is used for creating web applications and building static and dynamic websites.
Popular websites that are built on PHP are yahoo.com, wikipedia.org, and wordpress.com.
- It among the top 10 languages in the 2019 rank list of Tiobe Programming Community Index and IEEE Spectrum rankings.
- PHP is in the top 10 most popular technologies by Stack Overflow in 2019.
- It is among the top 5 languages in PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index 2019.
Swift, by Apple, is the best choice for the developers, who develop apps and programs for iOS, Linux and MacOS.
Swift is very easy to learn and the developers are highly paid.
- Swift is among the top 10 languages in PYPL PopularitY of Programming Language Index and Tiobe Programming Community Index 2019.
- It is among the top 15 most popular languages by Stack Overflow in 2019.
New York Times, Dropbox, Pinterest, Timber, and many other apps make extensive use of React.
- React is declared the best front-end frameworks by Github in 2019
- It is the most loved, most wanted and 2nd most popular web framework in Stack Overflow 2019 rankings.
Docker is the most popular container engine that uses the same hardware to run many applications.
SLALOM, JPMorgan Chase, LLC are some of the top companies that use Docker.
Docker is declared as the most wanted and 2nd most loved platform by Stack Overflow in 2019.
11. AWS Certification
The cloud networking engineers are in huge demand and AWS Certification is a feather in the cap. This highly valuable certification is used to validate the cloud computing skills.
The certified engineers witness rapid growth in their career and are employed to high salary positions.
12. Spring Framework
Spring Framework is a very popular and powerful, yet light and easy framework used for developing Java-based applications.
The top companies that make use of Spring Framework include Fitbit, OpenGov, Intuit, Zillow and many others.
Spring is among the top 10 most popular and most wanted web frameworks and is among the top 5 most loved frameworks in Stack Overflow 2019 rankings.
SPS pool of candidate are very well skilled with the above mentioned technologies and readily available. Get in touch with hiring manager to hire developer on above mentioned skilled.